Robin Good: If you are curious to find out what may be awaiting indipendent ebook publishers in the coming months, this good article cum video interview should fill some of your expectations.
- ”2012 is the year things get bad for traditional publishing industry”.
- ...for publishers going digital the problem is pricing and customers think the price has to be low. 99c – $4.99 which in some cases still doesn’t cover the costs of all the editing, design etc.
- Penguin opening up to ‘self-publishing’ is actually more like vanity publishing.
- Kindle Select. It’s basically a way for self-publishers to put their book into the Kindle Prime lending program where members can borrow books.
- Amazon moving into international markets. I specifically want India to come online as a huge English speaking market.
- Advertising in ebooks. Authors will do it and Amazon is also putting ads on the Kindle.
- Seth Godin with the Domino Project did get companies to sponsor the book and give it away for free.
- Authors will also be able to advertise in each others books.
- As indies getting on everything other than Amazon KDP, our options are Smashwords and BookBaby, that’s about it.
Read the full article: http://www.thecreativepenn.com/2011/12/18/self-publishing-ebook-predictions/